Thursday, December 1, 2016

Week 71 Dangriga, Belize-November 30, 2016

Mormon Family's 25 Days of Christmas

Hey guys! Can you believe it's the last day of November already?? I can't...So sorry for not writing on Monday but like I said we had our conference with President Duncan of the Area Seventy. It was super good. He shared a few of the same things he said to us in the MTC more than a year ago but it was a really great reminder for some solid principles in the mission. The whole meeting was packed full of really great stuff to help us out. We even had a Thanksgiving lunch in the middle complete with turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and rice and beans (because we are in Belize). It was such a great meeting. So now that we are on the eve of the month of December, I hope all of you guys have seen the new Christmas initiative set out by the church, Light the World. I love it. If you haven't seen the video go watch it! I especially love it because, well, I'm a missionary! So I get to fully immerse myself with this theme. But I hope that all of you as well can go out and be a light to the world. Remember, Christmas and this whole theme isn't a matter of getting people to accept the gospel or come to church or any of that. Christmas, this whole season, is all about Christ. So don't be afraid to just try to be a little more Christlike to others. The smallest action of kindness and charity can literally light up the life of another and maybe change their own world. That's why I love this theme so much. And if anything really cool happens during all of this activity in the month, let me know! I love hearing stories from you guys. Any little experience is great. Alrighty, I love you guys. I miss you guys. And I hope you are all just as excited as we are for the Christmas season. Have a great week!
Elder Abilez





No comments:

Post a Comment