Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Week 23 Layco District, El Salvador--December 28, 2015

prospero año y felicidad


hey! i hope you all had a great christmas and were able to enjoy time spent with the family and thinking of the Savior! Christmas here was great of course because i got to call my family and then the rest of the day we spent visiting less active members and families. this week was mostly full of activities and things so we didnt have as many visits with investigators like we have in the past. but it was still a successful and busy week because we had our baptism of Gerson saturday! hes super great and so happy to be a member. now hes helping us teach his sister and his friend so we are looking forward to the next cambio working with all of them. its also nice to have a recent convert so close to our house now that we can visit often. so this week is the new year! i cant even believe it because i can still remember the festivities of last year so clearly. this past week my companion out of the blue asked me what has been my favorite year of my life. i thought about it just a little bit and quickly realized that this year truly has been one of the best years of my life. and i am not saying that as a missionary because i am now in the mission. really, i feel that this year i have experienced great joy, even through my trials. i understand better the role of the Savior in my life. I have a deep appreciation for every aspect of my life that i have enjoyed: my home, my school, my friends, this church, the gospel, my experiences, and so on. but honestly i can find great blessings such as these in any year of my life. even some of the hardest years were filled with great joys and blessings if we could only look to find them. because i have learned and experienced these things i know that this past year was one of the best years of my life. however, it shouldnt be THE best year of my life. we now have the opportunity to look forward to the new year and continue forward with Christ so that the next year can be our best year. and so on forever. the Lord councils in His gospel that we must endure to the end. By that i believe that we can continue working and improving and growing every moment and every year of our life so that we are always enjoying the blessings that the Lord has given us. I hope all of you can take a moment to reflect on your own growth and who it was that supported you in this growth, and then you can look forward with a steadfastness in Christ to continue growing in this new year. I love you all so much! I hope you all have a great week and an even better New Year! Saluuuuuuuuuuuuuuud

Pupusa Count: 54 (i had a week long fast from pupusas and ended it last night with some pupusas con ayote with Gerson. They were delicious)
 
from the multizone! elder portillo (de guatemala) hes been the ap since i got here and he is goin home next week. hes the best!

we (as a zone) gave a baby christmas tree to one of our less active members here in layco! his name is roberto hueso and he has a lot of health problems and cant walk, work, or attend church because of it. he was super happy to see a whole army of missionaries march up to his house

we also caked elder piñeros cuz it was his birthday last wednesday (the 23rd)

bautismo de gerson!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment